When spring rolls around most people would be excited to leave their heaters behind and embrace the warm weather. Not so quick… Spring is actually the perfect time to give your heating system some much-needed attention after a winter of hard work. Technicians are more available during this time. So, they can give you the time and attention to do the necessary inspection and maintenance work. Having your heater inspected in the spring also gives you time to order parts and schedule repairs. This means that you won’t be caught in a pinch when winter comes. If your equipment does double duty, spring is a good time for a maintenance visit from a technician. This is especially the case before you switch over to air conditioning.
What T0 Do For Your Heater In The Spring Season
To prepare your heater for the spring, hire an HVAC technician. Have them conduct a complete inspection and tune up for the system. Besides making necessary repairs, you need to make sure the following maintenance tasks are performed:
- Clean motors and fans: The dirt that is caught in these moving parts could impact the efficiency of your heating system. It also poses a fire hazard.
- Clean ducts: The dust that accumulates in ducts and vents could impact indoor air quality. This leads to asthma and allergies.
- Check for leaks: Sealing leaks helps keep the warm air where it belongs, so you can reduce heating costs.
- Inspect for damages: Cracks in the heat exchanger and vents could release toxic carbon monoxide. This poses health hazards to you and your family.
- Address unusual sounds: Noises indicate anything from inefficiency to safety issues.
- Clean or change air filter: A clogged air filter impacts the efficiency of your heater. It increases the concentration of indoor air pollutants.
- Check all moving parts: Bearings and other moving parts should be lubricated to optimize efficiency. Belts should be tightened and electrical connections examined to ensure safety.
- Flush the boiler: When you use a boiler, this is a great time to have it cleaned. Also, this is a great time to clean out the humidifier.
When you turn off the gas or pilot light for your furnace or hybrid heating system, discuss the best option with your technician. This helps prevent corrosion that could occur over the summer months. It also makes sure that you won’t be caught without heat when winter comes around.
Time For A Heater Replacement?
If your heater hasn’t been working well, it may be time to discuss a heating system replacement. Start this process in the spring. Doing this gives you ample time to research and discuss your options with your technician. You can also place your order and have it installed.
Besides having a technician perform maintenance and repair on your heater, there are a few things you can do to during the warmer months to make sure your heating system performs optimally in winter:
- Clean the area around your furnace to reduce fire hazard, improve air flow, and make it easy for your technician. This allows them to easily spot any problems and carry out the necessary repairs.
- If you have a central heating system that operates with an outdoor compressor unit, make sure the surrounding area is unobstructed for optimal air exchange.
- Inspect, change or clean the air filter every 30 to 90 days during the summer months. This ensures your heater stays in good condition.
Heating System Tune-up Allentown PA
Getting your heating system tuned up now offers many benefits. HVAC companies aren’t as busy this time of year so it is a great idea to schedule one. Be sure to hire a reputable heating company that you can trust.
R.F.Ohl offers maintenance and repairs of all heating and cooling systems. We have been in business for over 30 years so we have the experience, skills, and professionalism to properly maintain or repair your HVAC system. R.F. Ohl aims to build long lasting relationships with all of our customers by offering trusted and affordable services. We also offer heating oil delivery, propane delivery, and much more. For a list of all our home services, click here.
We service Alburtis PA 18011, Allentown PA 18101, Breinigsville PA 18031, East Texas PA 18046, Emmaus PA 18049, Fogelsville PA 18051, Macungie PA 18062, Maxatawny PA 19538, Old Zionsville PA 18068, Orefield PA 18069, Trexlertown PA 18087, Whitehall PA 18052, and surrounding areas.
R.F. Ohl is an authorized dealer for Bryant heaters and air conditioners. We are able to repair, maintain, and install all Bryant HVAC systems. Bryant heaters and air conditioners are known in the HVAC industry as being extremely reliable, energy efficient, and durable. Click here to learn what these remarkable systems can do to improve your home.