Despite the increasing variety of cooking methods today, most households still enjoy gas grills which use propane tanks. This combination provides great versatility. Other types of grills tend to have severe limitations that make people think twice about switching. Propane is also energy efficient and convenient. When the tanks go empty, owners simply go to a refilling station and get more. In this article, R.F. Ohl, who has a propane tank refill station in Lehighton PA, walks through the process of refilling your propane tank.
Empty tanks are taken to the refilling station where special equipment has been installed to get the job done. The area is enclosed to prevent unauthorized persons from getting a hold of the sensitive tools. The tanks are placed above a weighing scale to check if it is truly empty. Each one will have its container weight written on the top. The person in-charge will have to see if this matches the current state. An inspection is also conducted to look for any damage that could affect performance and compromise safety. Only those that pass will get to the next stage.
Fill-up And Limitations
A hose is connected to the opening of the tank. This is where the propane will flow from the source to the container. Refilling stations will not pump gas until the entire space is full. This would actually be dangerous. Like most substances, propane will expand when heated. There should be room for the gas to expand safely. Otherwise, the pressure inside can get overwhelming. A leak may develop with terrible consequences. This is easily be prevented by stopping the refill at 80% capacity. The remaining 20% will serve as the buffer.
3-Step Verification Process
There are three ways to know when to stop sending gas to the tank.
- The first is to monitor the weight on the scale. This should rise gradually as propane gets in. The flow rate is controlled. This prevents overshooting the mark.
- The staff will then open the bleeder screw with a screwdriver to see if the tank is full. Precautions are undertaken to prevent skin contact with the substance. Propane can cause irritation and other problems. Those who need to get near it have to wear gloves that are suitable for the task.
- There is also an element called the Overfull Protection Device on the tanks. The OPD automatically shuts off the flow once it detects that the container has reached 80% of its capacity. Having three independent verification methods should give consumers confidence that they are using safe cooking equipment.
When the target has been achieved, the bleeder screw is tightened, the electric pump is shut down, and the hose is disconnected. Lastly, the tank will then be ready to be loaded onto the customer’s vehicle so that they can start barbecuing.
Propane Tank Refill Station In Lehighton PA
When refilling a propane tank, there are a few steps involved. You don’t want just anyone refilling your propane tank. You want someone who puts your safety first. R.F. Ohl can properly conduct a propane tank refill for your 20 lb. portable propane tank. This way, you know that you can go home and fully enjoy your barbecue experience. Furthermore, we also deliver propane that is used for heating systems. Unlike many other propane companies, our pricing options do not have any extra fees or hidden costs.
We service Ashfield PA 18212, Bowmanstown PA 18030, Jim Thorpe PA 18229, Lehighton PA 18235, and Parryville PA 18244. We also service all of Carbon County, Monroe County, Lehigh County, Northampton County, and Schuylkill County.
Do you feel unsatisfied with your current propane delivery company? You can change that by switching to R.F. Ohl. You can call us and speak to a live representative 24/7.