Staying in Lehighton is something that you can enjoy if you know what to do and where to go. Aside from the popular tourist spots, destinations, museums, and history, one other thing that’s really interesting in this borough in Carbon County is shopping. Generally speaking, most of the shopping in the Lehighton area is found in Mahoning Township located at SR 443. This is in the western portion of the town.
Now if you’re craving for some shopping experience, here’s a list of some of the businesses and stores in and near Lehighton…
1. Wal-Mart actually just opened a newly built Supercenter. This is situated about half a mile west of the Carbon Plaza Mall. The old location across 443 from the same mall is now being rebuilt and developed by another establishment, Lowe’s. The Carbon Plaza Mall is a great place to visit when you’re shopping and dining. It has an Italian and Chinese restaurant, drug store, Hallmark, nail salon, hair salon, Giant food store, a bank, dollar store, and an eight-screen movie theatre. You also get amenities like dry cleaning, Big Lots, Rent-a-Center, and even a notary service.
2. Another option is the First Street Business District, although it is currently undergoing a major rebuilding and improvement process. When all the renovation is done, it will become home to several shopping amenities like shops, eateries, discount store, tattoo parlor, pet store, and a music store.
3. If you find some time to visit nearby Jim Thorpe, you must go to that tourist area in town where there are small shops on Broadway.
4. Country Junction is considered as the largest general store in the world. That’s good reason enough not to miss it. The highlighted stores and stalls are Ace Hardware, Ashley Furniture, a pet shop, winery, ice cream parlor, and restaurant café with a pizzeria, big screen TV, and many distinctive gift shops. In the month of October, you will enjoy the world-famous Great Pumpkin Festival. Country Junction is located on route 209.
5. Although the Lehigh Valley Mall is located in Whitehall, it is also only minutes away from Lehighton, Pennsylvania. It is another large shopping center with so many options. In fact, one day may not be enough to cover the entire mall. The most notable specialty stores are Macy’s, EB and American Eagle, Baker Shoes, Go! Games, JCPenney, Boscov’s, and a lot more. If you visit the general mall area, you also will see a lot of pretty good restaurants like Ruby Tuesdays, The Olive Garden, and Ground Round. For standalone stores, your options include Borders and Staples and Best Buy. If you’re coming from the town of Lehighton, it’s just a thirty-minute ride when you’re traveling in your private car.
When in Lehighton, you really don’t have to carry that impression that it’s a boring and monotonous town. With all the shopping options you’ve got, coupled with all the sights and tourist spots in the Lehigh Valley region and Pennsylvania, you will feel like you’re still in the big city. Shopping never runs out in this part of the state.